WBHEALTH Nursing - GNM Admission 2016; Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal is inviting application for Admission to three year GNM Course including internship of six months in Nursing Training Schools under Govt. of West Bengal.
WBHEALTH Nursing Admission 2016 - Admission General Nursing & Midwifery Course
Download WBHEALTH GNM Merit List 2016 : Click Here
Training Name : General Nursing & Midwifery
Training Name : General Nursing & Midwifery
Duration : 3 years & 6 months Internship
Session : September 2016 to August 2019.
Last Date to Apply : 14/06/2016
Last Date to Apply : 14/06/2016
WB GNM Seat Information :
Total Vacant Seats : 1000 for Female & 70 for Male (Tentative)
Reservation of Seat : SC - 22%, ST - 6%, OBC:A - 10%, OBC:B-7% (*Female Candidates belonging to orphanages and Inmates of Destitute Homes recognized by the Social Welfare Depertment, Govt. of West Bengal : 2%. ** Lady Civil Defence Volunteers under Home (Civil Defence) Department, Govt of West Bengal : 2.5%)
Eligibility Criteria for West Bengal GNM Admission :
- Age : Candidates must be in the age of 17 to 27 years as on 01/01/2016.
- Educational Qualification : Higher Secondary (HS/10+2) Pass from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) or its equivalent examination from any recognized Council/Board
- Citizenship : The Candidate Must be a Citize of India and a permanent resident of the district of West Bengal (from where the candidate applies uninterruptedly for at least five years proceeding the date of submission of application.
- Language Criteria : Candidate must be able to read, write and express in Bengali/Nepali.
Selection Process of G.N.M Course:
Selection will be made strictly on the basis of total marks obtained in compulsory subjects [Language out of which English Must be one and three Elective Subjects (Best three) except Environmental Studies] in the H.S (10+2) or equivalent Examination. The applications of candidates from vocational stream will not be considered. Selection is subject to verification of mark-sheet from H.S Council/concerned authority.
How to Apply for G.N.M Course in West Bengal:
Application are to be made as per proforma below in item No. 18. All the columns are to be filled up properly. No application will be entertained if necessary documents are not furnished or not as per pro-forma.
Application Must be accompanied by Original/Self-attested photocopies (whichever is applicable) of each of the following documents. If any of the documents is not submitted with the application, the application will be rejected (this will be followed strictly).
- Self attested photo copy of Mark-sheet of H.S Examination or equivalent examination.
- Age proof certificate - self-attested photocopy of Admit Card or Certificate of Madhyamik or Equivalent Examination.
- Original copy of the Residential Certificate as prescribed below in the item No. 17 of this advertisement should be issued only by a Gazetted Government Officer of the concerned District where the candidate resides/ Sabhadhipati of local Zilla Parishad/ Sabhapati of local Panchayet Samity/Prodhan of Local Gram-Panchayet/Mayor or Councilor of local Municipal Corporation/ Chairman of Local Municipality/ Ward Councilor of local Municipality/ Local M.P/Local M.L.A mentioning that the candidate has been residing there permanently or for the period of last five (5) years till date.
- Self-attested photocopy of candidate's own Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC:A/OBC:B certificate issued by the i) In the District Sub-Divitional Officer of the Sub Division concerned. ii) In Kolkata-District Welfare Officer, Kolkata/ex-officio Jt. Director or Deputy Director, Backward Classes Welfare Department. (Applicable for SC/ST/OBC:A/OBC:B Candidates only)
- Self-attested photocopy of Certificate issued by the Officer-in-Charge of the concerned Department to the effect of availing Civil Defense Training and Self-attested photocopy of Membership Certificate of casualty service, Civil Defense with Serial No. issued by the officer commanding, Casualty service, Civil Defense (applicable for Lady Civil Defense volunteers only).
- Original Copy of the residential certificate issued by the Superintendent of the Home towards orphanage and inmate-ship (of at least 5 years) in the concerned Destitute Homes recognized by the Social Welfare Department, Govt. of West Bengal (Applicable for Orphanage/inmates of Destitute Homes and for female candidates only).
- One recent colour self-signed passport size photograph which is to be affixed on the top right-hand corner of the application form.
- One self-addressed envelope with requisite postal stamps pasted on the proper place.
Where Application for G.N.M Course to be submitted ?
for MALE Candidates only:
All MALE Candidates of All categories [General(Unreserved)/SC/ST/OBC:A/OBC:B] belonging to any district of West Bengal should submit the application to "The Senior Sister Tutor, nursing Training School, Ashoknagar S.G Hospital, PO- Ashoknagar, Dist - North 24 Parganas. PIN 743222".
for FEMALE Candidates only:
■ Female Candidates in Orphanage quota / Inmates of Destitute Homes, belonging to any district of W.B should Submit Their G.N.M Application to "The Senior Sister Tutor, Nursing Training School, R.G Kar Medical College & Hospital, 1 Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata - 700004."
■ Female Candidates in the Lady Civil Defense Category, belonging to any district of W.B "The Senior Sister Tutor, Nursing Training School, R.G kar Medical College & Hospital, 1 Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata - 700004."
All FEMALE Candidates of General (Unreserved)/SC/ST/OBC:A/OBC:B candidates) of the following districts should submit their G.N.M Application to the respective address mentioned in the table.
|District Name||Application to be sent to|
|Darjeeling District (only Darjeeling, Kurseong & Kalimpong Sub-Division)||The Senior Sister Tutor, Nursing Training School, Darjeeling District Hospital, P.O.& Dist.-Darjeeling, PIN-734101|
|Cooch Behar, Jalpaiguri, Alipurduar and Siliguri Sub-Divn. of Darjeeling District||The Principal Nursing Officer, Nursing Training School, District Hospital, Jalpaiguri, P.O. + Dist.-Jalpaiguri, PIN-735101|
|Uttar Dinajpur, Dakshin Dinajpur & Malda||The Principal Nursing Officer, Nursing Training School, Dakshin Dinajpur District Hospital, Balurghat, P.O.- Balurghat, Dist. Dakshin Pinajpur, PIN-733124|
|Murshidabad & Nadia||The Principal Nursing Officer, Nursing Training School, Gandhi Memorial Hospital, P.O.-Kalyani, Dist.- Nadia, PIN-741234|
|Purulia & Bankura||The Principal Nursing Officer, Nursing Training School, Bankura Sammilani Medical College & Hospital, P.O.+ Dist.- Bankura, PIN-722101|
|Birbhum & Burdwan||The Principal Nursing Officer, Nursing Training School, Burdwan Medical College & Hospital, P.O.+ Dist.- Burdwan, PIN-713101|
|Paschim Medinipur & Purba Medinipur||The Principal Nursing Officer, Nursing Training School, District Hospital, Purba Medinipur, P.O.-Tamluk, Dist.- Purba Medinipur, PIN-721636|
|Howrah & Hooghly||The Senior Sister Tutor, Nursing Training School, District Hospital , Hooghly, P.O .-Chinsurah, Dist.- Hooghly, PIN-712101|
|North & South 24-Parganas||The Senior Sister Tutor, Nursing Training School, M.R. Bangur Hospital, Toliygunj, Kolkata-700033|
|Kolkata||The Senior Sister Tutor, Nursing Training School, R.G.Kar Medical College & Hospital, 1, Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata-700004|
Other Notable Information :
- To provide employment to the candidates, after completion of the training, is not to be taken as an obligation on the part of the Govt, of West Bengal.
- The provisionally selected candidates will be called for necessary medical checkup at the respective Hospitals. The candidates who will fail to appear on the specified date will not be reconsidered. Medically fit candidates will be called for the training according to serial number as per panel. There will be no obligation on the part of the Government of West Bengal to ensure training to all medically fit candidates.
- Applications must be sent only by Registered Post /Speed Post/Courier. Last date of receiving applications by the respective institution is 14.06.2016. No application will be entertained if not sent by registered Post/ Speed Post/Courier or reaches the office after scheduled date (i.e. 14.06.2016).
- The Selected Candidates will have to undergo training in the allotted training schools in West Bengal as day-scholar for the first 6 (six) months and they will not get hostel accommodation in the training institution during this period. The candidates themselves will have to arrange their accommodation for this first 6 (six) months to peruse the training course. After this period, they will have to undergo training residentialiy in the training institution.
- The selected Candidates have to pay an amount of Rs.12/- per month as establishment charge and a certain amount of money (to be fixed by concerned training school authority) towards messing charge.
- During the period of training if any unlawful activity or violation of rules and regulations of the training course is committed by any candidate, she will be discharged from the training course.
- A candidate is not eligible to apply for admission to more than one Training School at a time. If any candidate is found to resort to such practice, all her applications are liable to be cancelled.
- No individual intimation will be given to the candidate about rejection.