WBP Constable Recruitment; West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will be recruiting 4284 candidates for the post of Constable in West Bengal Police, Government of West Bengal Services. Read details here.
Detailed Vacancy Information :
-: OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS :-
WBP Constable Recruitment - West Bengal Police
■ WBP Constable Admit Card Available ■
Click Here >> WBP Constable Admit Card
Key Dates for the Application Process :
- Apply Online : 03/08/2015 to 04/09/2015
- Modification of Saved Online Application (Online Payment Through BillDesk) : 03/08/2015 to 04/09/2015
- Modification of Saved Online Application (Offline Challan Payment Through UBI) : 03/08/2015 to 09/09/2015
- Re-Printing of Submission Receipt (if required) : 03-August-2015 to 09-September-2015.
- You Can EDIT/MODIFY only on 2nd, 3rd & 4th Page of Application.
Salary/Pay Scale :
Constables in West Bengal Police and Special IR Battalion in the Pay Scale of Rs.5,400 – 25,200/- (i.e. Pay Band-2) + Grade Pay Rs.2,600/-.
Eligibility Criteria for Constable Post:
- Must be Indian Citizen.
- AGE : [18 years to 27 years] The candidates must not be less than 18 years and not more than 27 years as on 01/01/2015. The Upper-age limit may be relaxed for the SC/ ST candidates of West Bengal only by 05 years and OBC candidates of West Bengal only by 03 years. The upper age limit is also relaxable for the Ex-servicemen and Home Guards serving in West Bengal Police only as per existing Government Rules.
Note:- The Ex-serviceman and Home Guards (serving in WBP only) candidates, if shortlisted, have to produce relevant documents regarding service rendered by them, in original, in support of their claim for Age Relaxation at the time of verification.
- Educational Qualification:- [Madhyamik Class 10th Pass]The candidate must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination from any other Board recognized by the State Government or the Central Government.
Note: - The candidate must possess the above noted Qualifications on or before the date of publication of the advertisement.
Minimum Physical Standard :For Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes)
- Height (Barefoot) (in cm.) : 167 cm
- Weight : Proportionate to height as per medical standard* (See Below Chart)
- Chest : 78 cms. With expansion of 05 cms. (78 cms. - 83 cms.)
For Candidates of Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes
- Height (Barefoot) (in cm.) : 160 cm
- Weight : Proportionate to height as per medical standard* (See Below Chart)
- Chest : 76 cms. With expansion of 05 cms. (76 cms. - 81 cms.)
*** The Height-Weight ratio chart for Physical Measurement Test (PMT) is furnished in the advertisement/notification. Download see the notice for details.[See Download Section of this Post]
Detailed Vacancy Information :
|Sl||Category (Sub-category)||No. of vacancies|
|4||Scheduled Caste (E.C)||330|
|6||Scheduled Tribe (E.C)||102|
Special Notes on Vacancy Information
- Total vacancies as stated above is purely provisional and subject to marginal changes.
- 10% Horizontal Reservation is extended to the Home Guards serving in West Bengal Police only for recruitment to the above mentioned posts subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria for recruitment to the post of Constable in West Bengal Police vide Notification No. 2702-PL/PI/8C-10/09 (pt-I) dated 16/07/2010. Vacancies reserved for Home Guards serving in West Bengal Police only shall be filled up in accordance with the procedure which may be prescribed by the Government from time to time.
- Reservation of vacancies for Ex-serviceman shall be as per the existing Government Rules. The length of service for Ex-serviceman and Home Guards serving in West Bengal Police only shall be calculated as on 01/01/2015.
- Shortlisted candidates applying under Exempted Category (E.C.) as a member of the family of Land Losers / as Ex-Census Employees/Election Job Workers/Enumerators should produce original copies of Identity Cards showing Registration & NCO number issued by the Labour Department, Government of West Bengal at the time of scrutiny before the Interview.
- Selected Candidates are liable to be posted to any unit of West Bengal Police including Specialized India Reserve Battalions and India Reserve Battalions.
Application Fees :-
Application Fee is Rs. 150/- which can be paid Online through DEBIT/CREDIT Cards/ Internet Bankings. Payment Gateway :Bill Desk. Rs. 5 will be extra for BILL DESK Charge. Offline Fee can be paid through United bank of India (UBI) with extra Rs. 20+Service Charge.
All categories of candidates except those belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay Applications Fees of Rs.150/- (Rupees one hundred fifty) only.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe are exempted from paying any Application Fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC/ST certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of interview.
- If any shortlisted candidate fails to submit the documents as stated above, his candidature shall be rejected summarily.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ST candidates of OTHER States.
- No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Applications not accompanied with the requisite application fees shall be rejected summarily.
METHOD OF RECRUITMENT/Selection Process:-
To Know Details of Recruitment Method/Selection Process Click Here
How to Apply for Constable in WBP ?
Apply Online :: Online Mode of Application is Available for Constable Recruitment. For Detailed How to Apply Guide See Download Section Below.
Click Here > Apply for Constable WBP
How to Apply Offline (Form Submission) ? If you want to Apply Offline for WBP Constable Recruitment then you should watch the following video.
WBP Constable Recruitment Apply Offline : Download Offline Application Form of WBP Constable
- Defective/incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Each candidate should submit ONE application form only. Candidature of those who submit more than one application forms will be rejected summarily and the amount of application fees forfeited.
- Admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after appearance in the tests /examinations.
- Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the Venue-in-Charge/Invigilator of the examination venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he will render himself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and/or such other punishment as the Recruitment Board may deem fit to impose.
- SC/ST/OBC–A / OBC–B candidates of OTHER States will be treated as General (Un-reserved) category candidates.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for their journey to attend PMT/PET, Written Examination & Interview. They will appear for selection tests at their own expenditure. The Recruitment Board will not be held responsible for any harm or injury to any candidate emerging out of the conduct of the PMT/PET or other tests.
- In case the applicant is a Government Employee, he must obtain an NOC from his employer and produce the same at the appropriate stage.
- Candidates are advised to fill up the ‘Preferred Language’ box in Application Form. The preferred language exercised in the Application Form will be taken as the language in which the Written Test has been answered by the candidate. Non-exercise of any of the options would be deemed that the Preferred Language is ENGLISH.
- All entries in the Application Form are compulsory. Application submitted keeping any of the columns blank would lead to summary rejection without any intimation to the applicant.
- The Board reserves the right to rectify the errors and omissions, if any, in the process of holding the examination and final declaration of result.
- A candidate who has been reported against by the Venue-in-Charge of the examination venue for violating any of the instructions or for having adopted unfair means at the arena/venue/examination hall or having used electronic gadgets like Earpiece, Smart Phone, etc. in the examination hall, will be punished with cancellation of his candidature and also be debarred from appearing at future examinations/selection processes as may be decided by the Recruitment Board depending on the circumstances/gravity of the case or may be criminally proceeded against.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate immediately.
- Applicants are advised not to get lured by any unscrupulous touts. The recruitment process done by the Recruitment Board is absolutely transparent.
- The decision of the Selection Board on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection of candidature will be final and binding on the candidates.
- The height of a candidate may be re-measured at any stage including during the Interview at the discretion of the Board and the decision of the Board shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Only short listed candidates will be asked to produce all relevant original certificates along with the self attested photocopies for verification, failing which their candidature shall be rejected without any further communication.
- The Mobile No. and e-mail ID (non mandatory fields for off-line submission) of the applicants are being taken for communication by the Board for future intimation with regard to the recruitment process and nothing else. The Board, under no circumstances, will request or advise the applicant for any further personal information & / or additional fees & / or payment of any kind of fee to any official connected & / or not connected with the Board. Candidates may report such occurrence, if any to the Member, Police Recruitment Board, West Bengal along with due evidence (documentary /electronic).
- In case of on-line applicants no Admit Card will be issued through the Postal Department before the PMT/PET and subsequent stages, if selected. Candidates have to download the e-Admit Cards from the website.
- In case of any difficulties in downloading the off-line application form or in submitting the on-line application form the applicants are advised to communicate either through telephone (Contact No. 8013033300 & 8013033322) during office hours (10 AM to 05:30 PM) from Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on Saturdays (except 15th August) or through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Candidates may visit the websites of West Bengal Police (policewb.gov.in) for ascertaining developments of recruitment process from time to time.
Download Section :
Source : WBP Website & Advertisement.